View Single Post
Old July 10, 2012, 10:48 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Mia
Default FAST Bolwers (not medium)

Salam to all my fellow Bangali fans.

This is my 1st thread so please go easy. I dont really get to watch much of the Bangladesh games, I follow the scorecards mostly. Therefore I am seeking opinions and insights from those of you who are well familiar with our national squad and national league.

For a long time now I have been worried about out pace attack. Our number 1 strike option (Mortaza) is often injured, his skill and abilities seem to deteriorate upon each recovery/return. While Shahadat Hossain's strongest attribute seems to be inconsistent line and length. So besides these two ..........

Who else do we have that has the ability to bowl at least 130 kmph for consecutive days (test match) without losing pace? AND the ability to bowl at that pace with consistent line and length? AND Is there anyone who can swing the ball or move the ball off the pitch in favorable conditions with fast pace + line and length consistency?

Or am I just asking and hoping for too much?

Previously we used to see a lot of Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain and to a lesser extent Rubel Hossain. None of those guys fir the bill. Recently we are getting to see likes of Ziaur Rahman, Kazi Kamrul Islam, Abul Hasan, Alauddin Babu, Robiul Islam.

Is there anyone from the names I listed who has the potential to take the mantle as our NUMBER 1 STRIKE option? Or maybe there is others who I failed to mention who can do this?

I would love to hear all your thoughts. Thanks in advance.