View Single Post
Old May 25, 2012, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Woowww that's a very professional interview !!!

I just loved his following replies.. I'm so happy to see that now he knows his role in the team.. to talk to the teammates, motivate and encourage the younger guys !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
[SIZE="5"]

Talking about you specifically, Shakib, do you think that people perceive you as a big fish in a small pond?

I have never thought about it like that. I have always thought that I was born to play for Bangladesh. I am very happy with where I am right now and the way my cricket has improved. It's a big challenge, but I am enjoying every moment of it. These are the challenges cricketers want, and when you take them up and become successful, it's very satisfying. The Asia Cup was a huge high. We're very happy with what we have achieved. As for the pond you mentioned, someone from it will have to become the leader and take the team forward. If I am that leader, I will be very proud. If it's not me, there will be someone else who will do it.

The captaincy has changed hands...what's your role in the team today?

Well, I don't know! I suppose I have played an important part on the field with bat and ball. [B]Off the field, I have some responsibilities, like talking to the young guys, telling them how to handle pressure, motivating them, etc. These are the things a young player needs. So at the moment that's the role I am playing, I guess
. The performance in the Asia Cup should spur us on. It's not impossible for us to move upwards now, but at the same time, I don't think it will be possible for us to continue playing at this level because Bangladesh cricket lacks consistency. But hopefully, we will kick on from the Asia Cup.