View Single Post
Old May 25, 2012, 06:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Default Shakib-Al-Hasan: T20s have helped Bangladesh cricket

T20s have helped Bangladesh cricket: Shakib-Al-Hasan

Kolkata: Shakib-al-Hasan is easily the best cricketer to have come out of Bangladesh. He has been a star for Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL, making useful contributions with bat and ball. Here, Shakib speaks to Wisden India about the Bangladesh Premier League, its effect on Bangladesh cricket as the whole, and of more cricketers from his country getting ready to play in the IPL

NDTV: Interestingly, the Asia Cup came soon after the first season of the Bangladesh Premier League. Is there a connection between the BPL and Bangladesh's improved performance?

Shakib: Yes, there is a connection. Earlier, when we were chasing a big total, say 150-160 in 20 overs, we never thought we would be able to get it. But after playing the BPL, we know we can do it because we have chased such targets more often than not. That gives us a lot of confidence. And the youngsters are getting used to hitting big shots and clearing the fence. So the BPL has certainly given us a lot of confidence. Now, we need to build on it.

NDTV: What you are saying suggests that we will have more and more aggressive batsmen like Tamim Iqbal coming up the ranks now?

Shakib: There are some players in the pipeline, and I think some of them played really well in the BPL. I don't want to take names yet, because that won't be right. But the Bangladesh Cricket Board is looking after them, and hopefully, when they come up the ranks, they will do really well.

Read Full

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/featu...akib-al-hasan?