Thread: "Nayeera"
View Single Post
Old March 11, 2005, 02:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Orphy: U hav only jumped to conclusions on the few lines i wrote about the story. Here r some more hints for u only:

"What kind of "ethical" issues does he raise in the book?"
>> U hav to be familiar with the writings of Dr. ZI to understand what I meant by that. A few posts later I tried to giv some idea about how he and his brother Humayun Ahmed writes these novels. The rest?.... wel u hav to read for urself to know it.

"I wholeheartedly encourage these kind of research"
>> U hav every right to your own opinion.. and specially when human cloning is among 'the most controvercial issue' on earth. But in the novel the ethical point raised about it was not against cloning.. but about cloned humans behing used as experimental animals in the labs.

"I am a bit confused here - may just be the sentence structure. Who feels the permission was necessary? The cloned girl or the mother (beautiful scientis)? If it is the cloned girl, I think it is a stupid plot...."
>> Now here u missed the point completely !! The story hosted a society where human cloning is still banned, even in the most advanced society of few centuries later from now... so obviously the question of permission when it comes to cloning anyone is not 'a stupid plot'...

By the way... it feels kinda stupid to explain or translate a story/novel like I'm teaching or preaching someone... so if u want to discuss the story... please do the hard part of reading the story first. And, on the other hand, if u actually feel that "It will be interesting to hear how a scientist feel in playing God"... I think I get your very personal views about Futuristic Writings..

Someone can't be forced to like or read a specific kind of writings... can they?