View Single Post
Old December 29, 2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
While I agree with the notion that we need more FC matches and we need to be a more respectable team in Tests, I think the following is worth noting:

- Our players pointed to the lack of FC as a excuse for poor test performance (batting collapses). How do we explain the same collapses in ODI and T20? So the problem is not just FC but our cricket in general

- Given the current ICC structure and imbalance in fair schedules, we have little option but to take what is available to us. If thats a 5 match ODI series or a series with little or no warm up matches, that is reality

- We as fans (and the sentiment is obviously carried on in the media and selectors) pay little respect to NCL. We have our bias about certain players and use NCL to justify their performance or simply disregard NCL as irrelevant when it does not suit our argument

- We disrespect (or maybe respect too much and display cowardice) towards ZIM and top associates in the same manner teams such as IND, AUS, ENG do to us. Difference is that ZIM, IRE, NED are much closer in strength to us than we are to those top teams.

- The schedule for BCB needs to be set in stone. Figure out a calendar to include BPL, DPL (mandatory because withouth them you have no funding for FC cricket) and a meaningful FC league. Teams/players should be contracted and not changed every tournament and at the last minute.

- Players should be made to play the domestic league barring international or meaningful engagements (case by case basis for IPL, County or injuries)

- A good ball is a good ball, no matter what the format and a good shot is a good shot no matter what the format. Its about learning to bowl where you envision your ball to drop and turn/swing/pace and knowing which balls to go after or leave as a batsment based on the match situation. This is where I feel we have fallen behind by putting too much emphasis on meaning less stats when taking match situation into account.
Raynman for the President.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition