View Single Post
Old December 17, 2011, 10:41 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
A couple of things I should clarify. Firstly, I've re-read my emails and the reason why my article wasn't published by BC is because Mash was still injured at the time (I conveyed the view that once fit, he should return as captain). The article was supposed to be published once he was fit again, but alas this never happened. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Navo, thanks for your kind comments. I met Shakib very briefly earlier this summer and to me he was very courteous and very confident. However, it's what I hear in the papers from others that worries me (and I'm sure a lot of BC'ers). Ian Pont tells us he slept during the first X overs of an ODI while BD was batting, we hear of his spats with selectors and of "cliques" within the national team.

I don't know how true any of this is, but if it is, I think that's a shame.

I have no problem with Shakib as captain (for one thing, at the moment there are no viable alternatives). I just think so much responsibility so early on in his career (don't forget that Shakib was still playing Under 19 cricket as recently as 2005) has the potential to have a detrimental effect on him.

To put it another way, only an individual with exceptional leadership skills would be made CEO of a company within a few years of joining the company as an entry level recruit. Shakib has exceptional abilities on the field, no doubt about that, but there are also certain other "soft skills" that are required and Shakib is still developing these.

I think he just needs to sit back and approach things with a little more tact and thought. He's a fine cricketer and could be a great captain if he's only willing to accept when he makes mistakes and learn from them...
How many days Ian Pont working with BD Team.6 months.I worked 5 years.I know better then him what happen in side the dressing room.Ian has no idea and he misunderstand the players.Some times they watch match inside the dressing room because their is a big tv and u can see the reply or bowlers bowling.And our players believe lot of things , such as if teams going well ,players always remain their same position etc.Ian is not understand that.And my question is that if Ian saw that one why not he told Sakib that time and say to him that you should not do that .I think he has no guts to say that .Like a woman telling behind.