View Single Post
Old December 3, 2011, 09:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Default Time for self exile from all format of the game, may be !?

I know its kind of crazy idea but its been a real shame and torture to watch Bangladeshi players lack of approach and mental weakness. Still cant believe this is the same team who whitewashed NZ and beat stronger teams like Eng, WI. But things have changed dramatically within 1 year time. Let alone challenging other teams, we start struggling from the minute go. Situation is getting worse day by day, match by match.

Zimbabwe once faced the similar problem. They struggled against almost every team. They used to lost consistently to Bangladesh for last 3-4 years. They knew they were going nowhere. Thus, they refrained themselves from longer version of the game. They invested lot of money to develop their domestic structure. They introduced Franchise based First Class Cricket. Six years after their self exile, they are back with a bang. They beat Bangladesh in both test and ODI series, they almost beat mighty NZ in a test match, they pushed mighty pakistan to the limit.

So, my question is, has the time come for us to take the Zimbabwe path ? Zimbabwe took this decision for longer version of the game but the way we are playing now in all format is a real pity. We suck in test, we such in ODI, and we suck in T20 big time. Some brilliant individual performances are not just enough. We have a big problem in our hand. If we dont fix our problems now, we will never be a competitive side and will be struggling for next decade for sure. There is no alternative than developing our cricketing skills, mental strength and cricketing knowledge.

Thus, i think its high time that we withdraw ourselves from all type of games for a 1-2 years and address the problems and how can we fix it. Once we feel that our players are confident enough to face big boys, then we should resume International matches.