View Single Post
Old October 15, 2011, 02:09 PM
BD Correspondent, ESPNCricinfo

This is a candid appraisal. Don't take all my opinions seriously please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
So Isam bhai, where is today's verdict?

Were we any good today?

Do we have any replacement of Ashraful or Alok yet?
October 15: 2nd ODI

First of all, the ego has to go. And not just for one game. It has to remain steady and only return when necessary (like when Pollard fondles you). This ego will not do any good to the top-order who believe that taking down a fast bowler is by hitting out from Ball One.
If I, a club player at best, can understand this, how can they not? Tamim and Imrul started the rot by being silly. One just had to see out the good ones and then go after the bad balls. Instead, these two had no intention of staying in. Okay, Roach isn't the bowler everyone fears him to be but once you wear down the man after 3-4 overs, it is easier and then you have the goody on offer. Then again, who am I kidding?

As for Ashraful, it's time for a break...probably as long as it takes him to outscore everyone in the country and then return. He hasn't done anything in two years and at the risk of getting hit by brickbats, I say it was a huge mistake to bring him back so quickly. Time to give Shuvogoto Hom a go and he should be continued with till he fails 4-5 times.

Nasir looks to be on his way as an international player but I would still suggest him being more tight around the off-stump.

Mushy was superb..the manner in which he guided loose-cannon Kapali and Naeem was in itself excellent. His technique has always been sound and today he just did what he does best these days, bring the team back from hell.

Highlight of the day: Mushy's innings

J.O. of the day: Kapali. Poems could be written on your batting but you don't stay long enough to complete a sentence.

Stat of the day: Nasir moved from 26 to 50 in 12 balls.