View Single Post
Old August 11, 2011, 09:00 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Default Fast Bowling Coaching

Please excuse me for posting this clip but I wanted to help any interested fans and fast bowlers with the secrets of how to work on and develop a world class action.

A bowling action should be solid, dependable and repeatable and there are 4 things that have to happen in the action to make it like that. This clip shows what they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ACgY7TVwUc

Whatever level of cricket you play, you always want to be better. I feel that with the understanding of how to improve the bowling action then the outcome (where the ball goes) is greatly improved. If you have the 4 Tent Pegs (as they are called) in your action then you have the best chance of making your action the most efficient it can be. This gives you control and also additional pace.

In the light of the many comments about Bangladesh bowlers, perhaps you can now see for yourself what work needs to be done, and which bowlers have or have not got the key positions they need to be truly consistent.