View Single Post
Old April 29, 2011, 03:45 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Default BCB hits back @ Siddons

Bangladesh Cricket Board heavily criticised former national coach Jamie Siddons for his disparaging comments and its president AHM Mustafa Kamal said he will discuss with the International Cricket Council whether he can make such comments after leaving the job.
‘Bangladesh must grow out of a culture of petty politics and indecision if it wishes to truly develop as a cricket nation. Everyone tends to know what needs to be done but it doesn’t seem to be happening, whether the money’s not there or they’re just not doing it, I’m not too sure,’ Siddons had told ESPN-Cricinfo on Thursday.
‘Siddons was with us for nearly four years and not for once did he say anything what he is saying now. I will discuss with the ICC whether he can make such comments after leaving the job,’ Kamal told New Age on Friday.
‘I even asked him to provide me with feedback so that we can take steps to take our cricket to a higher level but he did not respond,’ Kamal said.
‘Had he loved Bangladesh then he would have given us a guideline so that we can take the cricket further rather than speaking behind our back,’ Kamal said.
BCB media chairman Jalal Younus termed Siddons allegations as totally baseless and feels that his recent remarks only show that he has a narrow mind.
‘His allegations against the BCB are baseless,’ Jalal told New Age on Friday. ‘We did not expect it from him, it only showed the narrowness of his mind,’ said Jalal.
‘We are trying to improve our infrastructure and we don’t need his approval to do it,’ said Jalal.
Jalal said Siddons was removed because of his bad performance and not because of his outspokenness as the Australian coach thinks ‘he has lost the job for his mouth’.
Siddons’ contract was not renewed after the World Cup where which the tournament’s co-hosts failed to reach the quarter-finals.
‘He knew long before that his contract will not be renewed because of his performance and not because of his mouth,’ said Jalal.
‘I don’t think the national team had really made much of a progress under him as he claimed. We did not bring him so that we can score over 200 runs,’ he said.
‘We could score 200 runs even when Siddons was not there, so I think he was unable to perform to our expectation,’ said Jalal. 
Jalal said the former Australian batting coach, who took over the Bangladesh team in October 2007 from his compatriot Dav Whatmore, was a selfish man.
‘He did not teach anything to his assistant coach [Khaled Mahmud] who later resigned for not giving him enough scope,’ said Jalal.
‘That shows what mentality he used to carry,’ said Jalal. 

Source: newagebd.com

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA