Thread: Raqibul Sucks
View Single Post
Old October 11, 2010, 09:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakibahmed
nah,man,i disagree!Raqibul is too good,his form may be dipping,but he along with Mushfiq,i believe are the most technically correct batsmen in the team,i'd be annoyed if he were to be dropped,and for god's sake,man,he just scored a 76 against England 3 innings back with a strike-rate of 80!...i say give him a little more time,by the time the WC comes,iam sure he'll be out there kicking the pants off the Indian attack!

Iam a big supporter of Jaharul too,he's a really good player to be warming the benches,wish he'd be in the starting XI,but the sad question remains,who does he replace?
You are technically sound doesn't mean you are fit for international cricket. You have to score runs at least at a decent pace. Unfortunately Raqibul most of the time lacks that motivation. Stabilizing the middle order is import which he does. Accelerating later on is also important which he fails regularly. As a result most of the times he puts the team under pressure. Strike rate of 61.62 is simply unacceptable from a top order batsman at this level.

I would also question his technical abilities. Though he didn't play many test matches, yet....He has an average of 19.14 in 7 test he played so far. He is technically very weak at deliveries outside the off stamp or leaving the off stamp. I have seen him getting out behind the wicket a lot of times against these deliveries.

He needs to improve his mindset. Current team has better players benched. He needs to improve if he wants his spot in the team.