Thread: Raqibul Sucks
View Single Post
Old October 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakibahmed
nah,man,i disagree!Raqibul is too good,his form may be dipping,but he along with Mushfiq,i believe are the most technically correct batsmen in the team,i'd be annoyed if he were to be dropped,and for god's sake,man,he just scored a 76 against England 3 innings back with a strike-rate of 80!...i say give him a little more time,by the time the WC comes,iam sure he'll be out there kicking the pants off the Indian attack!

Iam a big supporter of Jaharul too,he's a really good player to be warming the benches,wish he'd be in the starting XI,but the sad question remains,who does he replace?
I don't know what you mean by technically correct, but the guy can't find the damn gaps to save his life. That innings in England which he played till the batting powerplay was the only one I can remember of him having a decent strike rate. Most of the time he's a pain to watch.

Jahurul meanwhile hasn't played any big innings, but whatever little he has played he has played it well by ODI standards. He plays ODIs like ODIs and tests like tests.

And I don't get where this Indian attack thing came from. And sure we're already wetting our pants thinking about Raqibul destroying our bowlers