Thread: Does God exist?
View Single Post
Old September 30, 2010, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
From a scientific point of view, one can easily argue that the nature of life it self is fine tuned for continual existence on earth and if the laws were different, life would have evolved differently.
No that statement/argument is not true at all. We are talking about the universe not Earth, even for life to occur on Earth, undoubtedly still has to be fine tuned for it to be possible. For example if you tweak the strong nuclear force by +0.0001, then hydrogen would have disappeared too quickly to form stars, and no chance of life. If it was -.0001 then it would have been impossible for hydrogen to fuse into deuterium. Thus no heavier elements would exist and the entire universe would just be hydrogen gas, therefore no chance of life.

Quote:
Personally , I find it baffling that "Faith" in god is being tested by logic, when it is a known fact that faith is not derived from logic. As a faithful muslim, I see Allah everyday. I consider my continual existence nothing but a long string of miracle of Allah. Since I have faith, This statement is completely logical to me. To a faithless man, the same chain of event will be nothing but an uncorrelated mess.
Since you are using reasoning behind your assertion, this is not an example of faith. Faith is a belief, without any form of logical reasoning behind it.